Civil Litigation

Civil Litigation

Civil litigation is a legal dispute between two or more parties that seek money damages or specific performance rather than criminal sanctions. We can represent you in court appearances, hearings, arbitration and mediations before administrative agencies, and before the following Courts:

  • Local Courts
  • District Court
  • Supreme Court

Types of Civil Litigation

Civil litigation encompasses a broad range of disputes, these include the following:-

  • Debt recovery and unpaid fines,
  • Tenancy issues,
  • Centrelink fraud
  • Landlord/Tenant 
  • Products Liability
  • Personal injury
  • Intellectual Property
  • Construction and contract
  • Real Estate and conveyancing
  • breach of contracts
  • litigation over guarantees, charges, mortgages
  • challenging a Will

Debt Recovery

A simple letter can often resolve the issue without having to go to Court. Contact us to assist you in attempting to resolve your issue in the early stages, it could save you money in the long term.

You can file your matter in the Local Court for small claims matters. Higher amounts will involve you having to make an application to the District or Supreme Courts.

The possible outcomes include:
  • A court order to allow seizure of funds
  • A court order to seize property without notice
  • A court order to seize a debtor’s wages from their employer
  • Have the person declared bankrupt

If you are in debt, we can negotiate with the Creditor on your behalf:

    • Payment of a lower amount in lieu of the debt
    • Other arrangements if your creditor is seeking orders against your wages
    • Application to the court to pay a debt by instalments

    See our Debt Recovery tab on this site for further information.

  • Negligence
  • Unsatisfactory advice or service from a professional in the following areas:
    • Construction and Engineering
    • Real Estate
    • Legal
    • Financial
    • Other professionals

    Our firm can negotiate, mediate or undertake proceedings on your behalf.

  • Misrepresentation
  • If you were told one thing and something different has occurred, we can negotiate or initiate proceedings on your behalf.
  • Saying something to induce a person to reach an agreement that is not true, or remaining silent when asked about a particular thing can also be misrepresentation. Sometimes an exaggeration of facts may be sufficient to amount to misrepresentation and provided this leads you to enter into the contract, you may have rights to be able to bring the contract to an end. Contact us for assistance.
    Alternative dispute resolution
  • Mediation and negotiation is:
    • Less costly
    • Less formal
    • Less time-consuming
    • Results more tailored to your needs
  • The Tribunal
  • If the dispute is a contractual dispute between a business and a customer, it may be wise to consider commencing the dispute at the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) . Assessors of the Small Claims Division will recommend that parties settle before Hearing and often suggest that parties transfer consumer related disputes to the NCAT, particularly if a party is not legally represented. The NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) conducts hearings around New South Wales and deals with matters under eight divisions – Tenancy, Home Building, Strata & Community Schemes, Retirement Villages, Residential Parks, Motor Vehicles, General and Commercial. Depending on the division, NCAT applications usually cost less than the filing fee at the Local Court. Particularly where the disputed amount is small, parties will often find that it is quicker and cheaper to have matters heard by the NCAT.

Legal Services Testimonials Contact us

Call Now Button